March 21, 2006

Stupid Question of the Day



I drove up to our community mailbox to mail some bills and I saw a woman standing there. She approached me as soon as I got out of the car.

Lady: “How do I mail my envelopes my key does not work in the outgoing box?”

Me: (thinking-is this a trick question) “ You stick it in the mail slot”

Lady: “OH, he he, I am from Florida they bring the mail to you there”

Me: (thinking-you are from Florida; I was thinking another planet) “OH”

Lady: “I wonder why they do not come to our homes for the mail”

Me: “Over population, Lack of funds, Understaffed for the amount of work, Not enough minutes in the day to hit every single home in between the hours of 9 to 5”
(thinking-was she asking me a question or was she just wondering out loud)

Lady: “OH”

I jump in the car and wonder how long she had been standing there before I helped her out. Maybe we are all aloud to have one stupid question. Just be careful you don’t waste it on something really stupid. 8)


ABC meme



I found this on some blogs, thought I would give it a whirl

A-Age: 33
B-Bed size: Queen
C-Chore you hate: picking up dog poo
D-Dessert you love: chocolate cake
E-Essential start your day item: toilet paper
F-Favorite actor(s): Jodie Foster, Angelica Huston
G-Gold or Silver: silver
H-Height: 5'1"
I-Instruments you play: French Horn
J-Job title: I own a dental office, I run the business end
K-Keeping track of your day: Phone & Computer
L-Living arrangements: husband, 2 dogs & a cat
M-Mom's name: Marie
N-Not liking right now: my thighs
O-Overnight hospital stay other than birth: pneumonia as a child
Q-Quote you like: Carpe diem it is latin for Seize the Day
R-Right or left handed: right
S-Siblings: 1 older sister 1 younger brother
T-Time you woke up today: 5:30am
U-Unique habit: I always park in the same area at places I frequently go. Also I prefer right sided spots
V-Vegetable you hate: beets
W-Worst habit: I’m a numbers girl. I prefer even numbers. When I see a number I am constantly dividing it or doubling it in my head. (don’t ask, I have no idea why)
X-X'rays you've had: Right Foot & ankle, Left Hand, Right cheek bone
Y-Yummy food you can make: chili, brownies, waffles
Z-Zodiac sign: Taurus