August 10, 2007

Becoming Jane



Today the movie "Becoming Jane" is released into theaters. It is a biographical movie based on the life of Jane Austin. Excuse me a moment while I giggle with JOY! She is the author of one of my all time favorite classics Pride and Prejudice. One unfortunate thing about living out in the middle of nowhere, the movie will not arrive in our town any time soon. This is one I might need to drive a long distance to see. Jane will be played by Anne Hathaway, and her love interest Tom Lefroy will be played by actor James McAvoy. You might remember James from the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe, he played Mr Tumnus.



Cherry Tree Vermin


I walked around the back of the house and headed towards the shed for some hay when I stopped in my tracks and stared at where the cherry tree use to stand. Since there are no beavers in the area we are lead to believe that the Elk ate the cherry tree. I have never seen such a thing before. We had a total of 4 cherry trees that came with the property. I had planned to move all 4 to a new location this fall where they would get more water from an area that the run off overflows. By Fall we will see how many cherry trees are left to actually move.



Chevron Scarf

My scarf is coming along nicely. It should be finished by now but I have found little time to sit and knit. Summer as an adult is a whirlwind of many things to do. Longing for the dog days of summer from my youth with my list of things to do each day play, play, swim, play.


New Book

“The Apron Book” by EllynAnne Geisel. I picked this book up the other day. Often this summer I have been working outside and I have had no pockets in the clothes I am wearing. I have been meaning to make myself an apron to throw on while heading out to work with the alpacas. It would be great to store some things in the apron like treats, or nail clippers etc. So once I spotted this book I snatched it up. It has lots of great inspiration and a few patterns.


Here are two recent fabrics I have acquired. Perhaps I might use one of them in making an apron.


I am in a cleaning frenzy and the dogs are kicked out of the house today. My Mom is flying in from Florida on Monday for a visit. So the house is getting a good scrubbing. The mop is calling me best get back to it.