October 26, 2006

Arrive at Puerto Vallarta



We arrived in Puerto Vallarta early Saturday afternoon. We checked into the Dreams Resort. We were a little disappointed that it was overcast but later in the week when it was full sun we wished for clouds. We grabbed lunch at one of the hotel cafe's while we waited for the room to be ready.



Once the room was ready we put on our suits and jumped into the ocean.



After a shower we washed up for dinner and went exploring around the resort. These are luminaries they had hanging in the open air lobby.



We ate dinner at the hotel’s seafood restaurant. This is the view from where we were seated. I was amazed how blue the sky and sea looked from the restaurant. You almost could not tell where one began or ended.



The restaurant was covered with a huge thatch roof. It was amazing.



The next day we hung around the beach a little while then left for El Eden. It is the spot where they filmed the movie Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger. They had turned the area into a tourist spot.



There was a restaurant and a small swimming area. Also you could sign up for the zip-line. I came for the zip-line. I have always wanted to do this. I am not sure why. I felt like since I was terrified of it I should do it and it would make me stronger.



Here is the drink I ordered to help calm my nerves before shooting through the jungle like Tarzan.



Chris did not do the zip-line with me he is afraid of heights. Let me tell you it was the scariest thing I have ever done. There were 15 lines all together and took a total of 2 hours to get through the whole course. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I trusted each leap of faith plowing across the trees. I am so glad I did it, but now that I have, I will never do it again. SCARY! VERY SCARY!