August 30, 2007

The Never Ending Day


Ok, the day did end and I am lucky enough to be sitting and enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee and some delicious Blueberry breakfast bars. A few days ago I had one of those days were nothing seemed to go right and it was one thing after another. Just when I thought it might be over something else went wrong. No Joke, towards the end of that hellacious day I opened a cupboard in the laundry room to look for the dog nail clippers and out fell a plastic dog bowl. I reached down to pick it up and on my way back up I whacked my head on the cupboard door I just opened. I stood hovered over the counter with my hands clutching my head feeling the egg slowly forming, trying to figure out what the hell just happened and trying not to cry or pass out.

Normally I am a positive person and can spin any bad situation around to look at some sort of good that might have came out of it. After all that had happened and now this I suddenly felt like Lieutenant Dan from Forest Gump when he was facing the hurricane. I too had reached my limit and was shouting “BRING IT ON!” “You Want a Piece of ME!” Of course there was no one there, just me in my own space. My husband made me lie on the couch with some ice on my head all the while giving me a look of concern for my well being. I chose to keep an angry face the rest of the evening and my body flexed and ready for anything else that might happen. Luckily that was the last of it and a new day with a new start and a wonderful new recipe for Blueberry Breakfast bars. You can find the recipe over at My Messy Thrilling Life in one of her July postings.


Garden Update


Cilantro


Basil


Little Pumpkins


Gourd


More gourds. The gourds are turning out to be the most fun to watch. I will definitely plant some next year. I can’t wait to see how many I end up with this year to decorate for the fall and winter holidays.


These four crops had the biggest showing. Every thing else just did not come up or is growing very slowly like these sweet peas. I doubt they will get large enough to flower before the cold weather comes in and kills them off. Just did not get them planted soon enough.


Fabric


I am still itching to make an apron, this time I went to the store specifically looking for fabric to make one. The one on the right is an Amy Butler for Rowan fabric, that I found first and then carried it around the store forever trying to find compatible fabrics that were not too bold but also not plain. The one in the middle is Anna Griffin for Windham Fabrics and the one on the Left is Barefoot Roses by Tanya Whelan. I have not decided if I want to do a patchwork apron or something else. I know it will just be a half apron with pockets. I am thinking to use the stripe fabric possibly for a ruffle along the bottom. Now if only I could find the time to get the sewing machine out and play around with it. I am longing for autumn or possibly a few rainy days stuck inside.


Thank You
I just wanted to thank all my readers for stopping by. I also wanted to thank you for all the comments. I cherish each and every one of them. I hope you all are enjoying the end of your summer.