March 02, 2008

Exotic Bloom


One of my Amaryllis bulbs finally bloomed. This one is Amaryllis Cybister Chico. The colors are just amazing. I plan to dry this bulb out when it is done and try to get it to bloom again next year.


Here is a close up of the flower.

Cup a Tea

I am a big tea drinker. Last year I weened myself off of cafeine. That was a little torchersome. I had a terrible headach every evening for about a week. Now I’m on decafe. There seems to be less of a selection of decafe coffee & teas. I thought I would share my 3 faves at the moment. This one above is Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile.



This is Stash’s Apple Cinnamon. I tried this for the first time last Thanksgiving while visiting family. I have been hooked ever since.



This one is from the Bag Ladies Blossom line of teas. The flavor is Evening’s Comfort. It is a mix of chamomile & almond. You can find this tea HERE.


New Knit Book

I spotted this knit book at my last trip to town. It is Kitty Knits projects for cats & their people by Donna Druchunas. It is a cute little book. Some of the projects are a little dorky but it does have a handful of ones I like. I do like the hat & the little felted mouse toys on the cover.


I also liked this embroidered baby blanket.


Another pattern that caught my eye is this felted applique pillow. Overall a cute knit book filled with great photos & cat quotes and writings. Any cat lover that knits will like this book.

Baby Love

The little one born on Valentines is doing great. We have not come up with a name yet. I have been calling her Honey Buns, because I like to say this is Cookie Dough’s Honey Buns. LOL Of course I have not won over Chris with that name. I have been trying to think of some kind of confection or sweet of a name to go along with her mothers name. Plus I am still waiting to see what kind of baby our other one will have and I might give them a name pairing.



She just gets more beautiful every day. She has great conformation, and if she packs on a fleece like her Momma we might even bring her to a show and see how she does.

Have a Great Week!