November 18, 2006

Alpaca Update



Here is a more recent photo of our baby alpaca Miss Bianca.

I have good news. Three alpacas with their babies are coming home in two weeks.
Mommas: Tasha, Sateen, & Emmy Leigh
Babies: Miss Bianca, Kingsley, & Zissou
Unfortunately Teresa is not pregnant yet so she will stay in Oregon with her baby Klaus until she is confirmed pregnant.
We are so excited for their arrival.


Progress on the Structures



We decided to build a couple of structures for them to have shelter and to feed. We will wait to build the barn once we live and work with the animals for awhile, then we can build one for what we will actually need it for. This is one of the structures. There will be bins built against the wall of each of the three for hay.



This is a view of the back of the structures. Do you see the three little doors? This allows me to open up from the back of the structures and drop the hay into the bins from the back. Our contractor has told us he will be done with everything by Thanksgiving. I will keep my fingers crossed that he is able to meet this deadline.


Fetching Completed



I completed Fetching. I have already worn them and they work nicely to keep your hands warm and allow you to move your fingers. It only took one ball of Super 100% Australian Merinos yarn in color #1694.
You can find the pattern for Fetching HERE.

Well my house is a complete disaster and Chris & I are running around like idiots trying to get things done and ready for the in-laws that will be arriving on Tuesday. I had to stop painting to start cleaning up. I still have the kitchen left to paint and also I would like to do a faux finish in the newly painted main room & dinning room. We are also trying to get everything we need for the alpacas arriving in two weeks.

Life is a big blur of excitement.