December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays


Webshots Photo

This is our first Christmas in our new home. It is so comforting to be settled in and starting new traditions and memories.


Memory Lane

When I was 7 years old I wrote a letter to Santa like I had done each year before, only this time Santa sent my letter to the local paper and it was printed on December 25th 1979. My family kept clippings of it.

It Reads:
Dear Santa, My name is Tami. I am 7 years old. I want a sweetie doll. I hope you’ll have fun on the ride. We may leave you some cookies and milk. You may have my picture so you’ll remember me.
Love Tami



This cracks me up. For starters the photo is hideous. I am missing my two front teeth. I’m not sure what is up with the hairstyle, not very flattering. My thoughts are on his long journey and to take the time to enjoy the ride. The cookie part is clearly not in my hands. But want to make sure if Cookies are a factor in his decision there is a possibility my Mom might leave some out for him.

I did get a Sweetie doll that year. I actually can not remember a year that I did not get what I asked from Santa. Often I would ask for the thing that I most wanted or was the most expensive thing on my list. This was a strategy I thought of very early on. Just in case my parents did not have enough money for what I wanted I would put the burden on Santa.


Christmas Gift



Of course there was the year I got Brandy for Christmas in 1994. Chris tricked me into thinking we were driving around looking for Christmas lights. I thought he was lost because there were no Christmas lights on any of the houses we were driving by. Finally he pulled into a home and turned to me and said. “I lied we are not looking for Christmas lights we are here at a Bassett Hound Breeder and they have some puppies for sale.” “We can go on in and pick one out or we can drive away.” I shot out of the car like a bullet and we went in and picked Brandy out of a litter of 12. We often refer to her as pick of the litter. It was not an easy decision and looking back often with how stubborn and bad she is we probably could have picked any of the other 11 puppies and made a better decision. But she is our Brandy and life would just not be the same with out her.

Happy Holidays to each and every one of you.