December 30, 2006

Let it Snow, Let it Snow



We are all snug in our home, while it continues to snow outside. The holidays so far have been quiet and cozy. Chris and I have been bumming around the house and making plans for next year.



The Kids have followed our lead and have been lying around with all their new toys scattered all over the floor. We are all getting fat and sassy.


Norwegian Hat



Finally cast on for my hat. Unfortunately I have ripped it out and started over twice. That is what I get for watching good movies while knitting a color work pattern.

I stocked up on some of my favorite movies: Pride & Prejudice, Anna and the King, Little Women. Why Joe? Why do you not pick Teddy? It is so upsetting.

Anyway, sigh, I made stupid mistakes like forgetting to change to the larger needle size when starting the color work. Then getting that right but then forgetting to add a stitch at the beginning. You think I had never followed a pattern before. I’m on the right track now and love the two colors together.

Two Pattern Books

I received these pattern books for Christmas and I love them. Thought I would share some of my favorites from the books.


Louisa Harding’s Winter Muse classics


“Brigitte”


“Audrey”



Ella Rae’s Book Six


“Willow”


“Essential”

I received a gift certificate to The Knitting Garden. It is like a golden ticket, or a get out of jail free card. I am savoring the possibilities of what to buy with it. Maybe I should hold on to it for an emergency must have purchase. 8)