February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day


webshots photo

Word on the street is Punxsutawney Phil; the famous groundhog did not see his shadow this morning. That means spring is right around the corner.



Miss Bianca is a little skeptical of the groundhog, and says she will believe it when she sees it.

I can not believe it is February already. I am still wrapping up the dental office end of year tax stuff. I will be amazingly happy when I am done. In January I reorganized my desk and am implementing some new management of my work load this year.


Alpaca News



Do you remember baby Klaus. He and his mom Teresa are still in Oregon. Teresa is having a hard time getting pregnant. She is due for an ultrasound on Monday so hopefully she is confirmed pregnant at that time. The Oregon farm where they are staying at has weaned Klaus from his Momma and is now ready to come home.

He will be arriving here at the end of next week on an alpaca transport. Chris and I decided it would be a good time to wean Kingsley and Zissou. All the boys are over 6 months old. So we will be putting the three boys in a pasture beside the one the girls are in. This weekend we will be getting their shelter ready cleaning it out and putting some hay in the feeders. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us.


Knitting



I decided to go ahead and knit the whiskey hat, just to make sure not to run out of yarn after the scarf. The Hat is knit on straight needles. I had never knit a hat flat like this before. It was pretty easy. Then you just seem up the sides after threading last strand through all the top loops and pull tightly to close the top.


It is not easy taking a picture of your self in a hat. Keeping me in the frame was the most difficult part.


This hat looks good on anyone. At least that is what Haley told Brandy.

I just have the last ball of the purple to get through on the scarf and then start the ending stripes.

Up Next Project Spectrum and what I have lined up for February & March’s colors Blue, White, & Grey.