January 11, 2007

Alpacas in the Snow



Here are the alpacas in the snow. I am not sure why they are out in the thick of it.



Eventually they did move to their shelters.

On the home front our furnace is on the fritz. Chris called someone to take a look at it. Someone might be by this afternoon. I will keep fingers crossed; I know how busy they can be this time of year. We do have a pellet stove in the main room of the house. It seems to be doing its job and keeping the icicles from forming on my face and finger tips.


First FO of 2007



I completed my Norwegian Hat
Pattern: Dalegarn pattern book NR 130
Yarn: Heilo
Flickr for the Stranded Colorwork members FO HERE.

I love how the pattern popped out as I was knitting it. I made the larger size hat because of color work and working in the round things tend to knit up a little smaller. Plus I want to be able to pull it over my ears. It fits perfect.


Project Spectrum 2007



Yahoo! Lolly is at it again and the new project spectrum will be getting under way starting February 1st. Here is the monthly color line up.

February / March = Blue, White, Gray
April / May = Green, Yellow, Pink
June / July = Red, Black, Metallics
August / September = Brown, Orange, Purple

I like how we have two months to complete a project instead of one. I found that last year my projects went way over time. Another bonus is three color choices instead of two. I already got something in mind for February & March. The link to 2007’s Project Spectrum is HERE.