September 29, 2008

Summer Comes to an End


Bronte’s baby is doing great. We named her Sabrina. The weather has definitely turned towards autumn, with the night time temperatures getting as low as 40 degrees. I have been in the process of upgrading my computer. My original hard drive was about maxed out with hardly any space left. It was inevitable and I put it off as long as I could. During the upgrade I even changed to windows Vista. Let’s just say it is not my friend yet. So many of my everyday software does not even work and even my printer no longer works with the Vista. It has been a real pain in my BUTT! I am almost done with setting up the main things although I think it will take me a little while to get everything the way I like it.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to walk away and come back to it later. So I went outside and did some exploring with my camera. Here is what I found.

Although summer is over yellow has sprouted up all over my property.


You can not help but be cheerful walking through these fields.


Also on my walk I spotted something in the distance that looked like wild strawberries. It took me a little maneuvering to get over to them, do to the weeds and what not in my way. Once I got to them I realized they were not strawberries. I think they are rosehips from some wild roses. Disappointing but still they are cool looking.


These morning-glories are growing up the fence of my garden. I believe they were planted by previous owners, or at least the seeds migrated here.


My Turkish turbans are looking great and will bring wonderful fall color once I harvest them and place them inside.


I went to the back of the property to check the creek bed. It had a little bit of water trickling through.


If there is water I usually check for tracks to see what kind of predators are on the property. Luckily I only spotted these raccoon tracks. They have five fingers so it looks kind of human like. The photo on top is mine and underneath is one off the internet.


Hope everyone is easing into Fall. I am looking forward to October; it is one of my favorite months of the year.