November 17, 2008

It's a Girl


The biggest news lately is I hit my 20 weeks pregnant and the halfway point. We had the gender ultrasound and the baby is a girl. I was so hoping for a girl, and am so happy that is what we are having.


I made a batch of brownies and topped them off with lovely pink frosting to celebrate our news.


I had mentioned before going through my old knits I had not finished, and finding some to work on. I pulled out this Reversible Cabled scarf. The pattern is from the book Cables untangled and I am using Classic Elite Waterlily yarn. I would like to wear this scarf this winter so I am working on it again here and there.


I also pulled out last years unfinished Scandinavian Christmas Stocking. This pattern is from Interweave press titled Christmas Stockings. I am using Classic Elite One Fifty yarn in colors Orchid, Chestnut, & Daisy. I love this knit, not sure why I never finished it.

Australia

I am totally excited about the upcoming movie Australia. It is directed by Baz Lurman and stars Nicole Kidman & Hugh Jackman. The plot summary from IMDB:

In northern Australia prior to World War II, an English aristocrat inherits a cattle station the size of Maryland. When English cattle barons plot to take her land, she reluctantly joins forces with a rough-hewn stock-man to drive 2,000 head of cattle across hundreds of miles of the country's most unforgiving land, only to still face the bombing of Darwin, Australia, by the Japanese forces that had attacked Pearl Harbor only months earlier.

The movie opens Thanksgiving weekend. It has been described as an epic movie; you know the kind that they just don’t make any more. Not only am I excited about the storyline and the people that are in it but I am so looking forward to seeing Australian countryside. It is on my list of places I need to go to before I die.