July 12, 2006

Our Anniversary



Chris and I just had our 7 year anniversary. How time fly’s when you are busy living. We went out to dinner the night of our anniversary. It always amazes us to sit and talk about how far we have come in the 13 years we have been together.


My Anniversary Gift


Iris -Keeper of the Rainbow by artist Josephine Wall

Chris won this for me at an art auction they had on the cruise we took. No words can describe how much I love this painting. It strikes me right at my inner child. I can not tell you how many rainbows I have colored or drawn. This painting is so inappropriate and does not go with anything in any of my main living areas. But is so me and is perfect for my new craft room.

Is it not interesting how sometimes we take the easy route and decorate our homes neutral so as to create comfort for everyone to be comfortable in those rooms? We might hesitate to put something up that is a window to who you truly are. Or maybe it is because we have so many responsibilites as adults it is easier to stay on task then to daydream of the days spent with out a care in the world.

Here is the description of the painting from the artist’s website

“Throughout the ages, the rainbow has been the symbol of hope, a promise of better things to come. The ancient Greeks personified the rainbow as the goddess Iris, the favourite handmaiden and messenger of Hera, the queen of the heavenly court of Olympus. Carried by her shimmering wings, Iris travels so swiftly that mortals can see only the trail of her rainbow-coloured passage across the sky.”

Here’s to wishing all of you lots of Rainbows and Hope for the Future.