August 08, 2006

Monkey Bread



I made some Monkey bread last weekend.

Use your favorite sweet bread recipe let the dough rise. Then roll dough into balls, dip in melted butter then into cinnamon & brown sugar mix. Then layer balls of dough into a buttered bundt pan.

Let dough balls rise in pan. Then bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes then turn bread over onto a cake pan. Drizzle with glaze (confectioners sugar & milk). It is best eaten warm, Just pull it apart and enjoy.

You can probably find a recipe on the internet with specifics. I have heard of people using frozen biscuit dough or the Pillsbury dough for cinnamon rolls. I prefer homemade and use rapid rise yeast.


Holiday Fabric

I know I am a little early with this but I couldn’t help myself. I found some great Halloween fabric.


This is titled “Life’s A Witch” fabric by Alexander Henry.
How could I pass this up with a knitting Witch I could not resist.



This is titled “Broom Sweepers Panel” fabric panel by Diane Knott for Clothworks. This comes in 24” tall by 22” wide panels.
I just love the colors and the art work on these.

I am not sure yet what I will make with them, possibly something for the kitchen table, and maybe something for a friend I plan to visit around Halloween.


For all you Gamers out There

Although I primarily spend my free time crafting and what not, I also enjoy playing P.C. games. My favorite is World of Warcraft. This is an interactive game that you play online and with other players all over the world. I blame my husband for getting me involved with this game. Anyway you build a character and run around to different worlds and complete qwests. You also have a profession that helps you make money to buy new equipment etc.

Anyway to make a long story short hubby came home the other day and had printed me out a cartoon he found on the games website. Here it is.


It reads:
Everyone has special talents.
For example here is yarnmaster Graal, the High Knitter of Orgimmar.

Orc on Left says: What is this?

Yarnmaster Graal says: It’s an axe cozy you put it over your axe.

Orc on Left says: Yeah, I don’t see that happening. Ever.

Hubby and I got a big kick out of it.